Marakon provides strategy advice to companies looking to create lasting value through the transition to net zero.
Our small, dedicated, senior teams work shoulder-to-shoulder with business leaders who are seeking fresh insights and fundamental change
Addressing the most challenging issues on the management agenda for over 40 years
- Marakon provides strategic advice to help companies seize the opportunities and adapt to the realities of the net zero transition, creating lasting value in a changing world.
- We work with Senior management teams who recognize that net zero means a paradigm shift in how the economy operates and aren’t satisfied with superficial solutions and simple narratives.
- We embed small, dedicated, senior teams of strategy consultants and subject matter experts to work shoulder-to-shoulder with business leaders to unearth every detail; to go beyond answering client’s questions to ensure they’re asking the right ones in the first place.
- We see potential to accelerate the net zero transition, leveraging our heritage in advising considered strategies and executable plans.
Marakon is part of Charles River Associates, for more information, please visit www.crai.com.
1. Corporate Strategy Aligned to a Net Zero World
- View of the Future
- Ambition & Strategy Development
- Priorities & Timing
- Net Zero Transition Plan
2. Tailored Net Zero Portfolio
3. Enhanced Organisation
4. Supportive Financial Model
5. Operational Resilience
6. Low Carbon Supply Chain
7. New Net Zero Business Builds
Uncovering Value Drivers in Net Zero Energy Systems
Supported a supermajor oil company in developing proprietary techno-economic scenarios of the global energy system to 2050; including analysis of macro fundamentals, value chain economics, and potential impact of disruptive technologies.
Bringing Credibility to Net Zero Ambitions in Financial Services
Assisted a FTSE 100 financial services client in creating an evidence base for its strategic net zero narrative and working through the implications for its future investment portfolio and operational decarbonization targets.
Selecting Decarbonization Strategy in Logistics
Advised a leader in global logistics on decarbonization options for its shipping fleet to support its net zero ambitions; the company subsequently invested ~$3bn in building new zero-emission shipping capacity.
Transforming into Decarbonized Food Value Chains
Consulted a global meat products manufacturer on a net zero strategy, including economics of abatement options for agricultural business and prioritization of opportunities in the emerging landscape of low/no emission food technology.
Preparing for Scale-up in Renewables
Designed an organizational model for a world leading solar energy developer to enable it to deliver rapid growth and international expansion while shifting increasingly from ‘project developer’ to ‘owner-operator’.
De-risking Investments in Hydrogen Technology in Utilities
Developed and executed partnering strategy for a demo-scale hydrogen project in North America; including crafting investor proposition, evaluating alternative deal structures, and facilitating negotiations with prospective partners.
8 Finsbury Circus
London, EC2M 7EA
Phone: +44 (0)20 7664 3737
Enquiries, Media, and Senior Hires:
Graduate & MBA Recruitment: